Workshops to Go
Do you want to stand out in your competitions and showcases?
Do you often wonder why something isn’t working and you don’t know what to do?
Would you like to learn to give up unneeded tension in any movement, including stillness.
Do you want to learn to move through your daily life with more ease, efficiency and breath and dance more gracefully?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you will learn and benefit from my introductory workshop.
What will you learn in this workshop?
1) Let’s define posture. How to tune into habits that can interfere with good posture, balance, fluidity and strength. What are the pitfalls? What are the solutions?
2) Tools to counter habits, including:
- anatomy – exactly where are your moveable joints?
- pausing to clear poor habits
- adopting new language to influence our kinesthetic system
- questioning our assumptions about muscular movement
- learning the difference between habitual ‘right’ feeling and new efficient thinking (often feels wrong!).
3) Use the gravitational force as a helper.
4) Explore tone (a level of tension). I utilize the discovery of F. M. Alexander in all my teaching to help you become more aware of this.
5) Activities suggested by you – both daily and ballroom. We will explore from a new perspective. Some examples of activities:
Hip action without ‘neck’ action.
Lunge (side/front lunge, lunge to pick up something close to the floor, moving your arms/reaching up to get something taller than you.
Working with your arms in various styles.
Transferring your weight from one foot to another while
lengthening your spine.
What you will NOT learn in this workshop
- Ballroom dance styles
- Hip action – I can teach it, but we will be exploring it in the context of overall support and organization in your whole body.
You will be learning the organics of using yourself in space and stillness for ballroom and everyday living.
Here is an opportunity to add comfort and ease to your life,
whether on or off the dance floor.
Contact me here to learn more and book me for a 1.5 hour workshop at your studio, ballroom event, and for private coaching.